The Oracle university has two specialized Java Programmer certification exams to become Oracle Certified Java programmer:
1. OCAJP 8 (Oracle Certified Java Associate Java SE 8 Programmer)
2. OCPJP 8 (Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer)
These programmer Java certification exams tests your language fundamental along with API skills such as Lambdas, Streams, NIO2, Concurrency, Localization, Java 8 Date/Time API… etc.
For these certifications, you need to have knowledge in both fundamentals of Java programming and library features. The 80-question exam lasts for 150 minutes, you would need to get scores 65% to get the Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer (OCAJP 8) certificate. For Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer (OCPJP 8) has 85-questions, at-least you would need to get scores 65% within 150 minutes duration.
OCAJP 8 Certification
About OCAJP 8
The Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer is the most basic Java Certification exam for those want startup their careers in Java. This exam seeks to certify your basic level of skills in Java. If you are a intern, entry level of developer or just passed out from college, this certification might be good for your career path. IT firms will appreciate when the candidate who taking the initiative and clearing the certification, which build a confidence for the recruiters their knowledge and skills in Java.
OCAJP 8 Topics
OCAJP 8 exam covers following topics:
- Java Basics
- Working With Java Data Types
- Using Operators and Decision Constructs
- Creating and Using Arrays
- Using Loop Constructs
- Working with Methods and Encapsulation
- Working with Inheritance
- Handling Exceptions
- Working with Selected classes from the Java API
You will get more knowledge in the following areas after clearing OCAJP 8:
- About Java Language, Technology and Development Environment
- Java Class (Main Class and Main Method)
- Data types, variables, operators and Switch
- Class, Objects and Object References
- String Class, StringBuilder Class
- Encapsulation, Constructor Overloading
- Arrays, ArrayList class
- inheritance (superclasses and subclasses), polymorphism
- Interfaces, List Interface and Lambda expressions
- Handling Exceptions
OCPJP 8 Certification
About OCPJP 8
The Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer next level in after completing OCAJP 8 certification. If you want become a Java Developer this certification must be good for your career path.
OCAJP 8 Topics
OCAJP 8 covers the core language features and Application Programming Interfaces (API) you will use to design object-oriented applications with Java Standard Edition 8 (Java SE 8) Platform. This exam also cover Java Class Design, Advanced Java Class Design, Generics and Collections, Lambda Built-in Functional Interfaces, Java Stream API, Exceptions and Assertions, Use Java SE 8 Date/Time API, Java I/O Fundamentals, Java File I/O (NIO.2), Java Concurrency, Building Database Applications with JDBC, Localization.
You will gain knowledge in the following areas after completing OCPJP 8:
- Java Lambdas
- Java Date/Time API
- About multi-thread
- About object-oriented Java language (encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism)
- Java I/O functionality
- Java NIO.2
- Java Collections framework
- Exception (or) Error handling
- Java concurrency
Java certifications (OCAJP and OCPJP) helps in Job Interviews and career. The preparation experience definitely boosts your Java skills and improve your chance of new job, promotion and salary hikes.
Take Free Java Certification practice tests at MyExamCloud and see your current levels.