Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 5/SE 6 Preparation Article
Oracle offers variety of Java Certifications for all Java Editions (Java SE, Java EE and Java ME). Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 5/SE 6 (Formerly Sun Certified Java Associate (SCJA) ) certification provides basic knowledge required to manage a Java project.
What exam I need to pass to achieve OCA for Java SE 6 Certification?
You need to complete 1Z0-850 – Java Standard Edition 5 and 6, Certified Associate Exam to achieve this certification.
What kind of knowledge I can achieve after completing this certification?
You can gain basic knowledge of Object-Oriented Concepts, UML representation of OO concepts, the Java programming language, and general knowledge of Java Platforms and Technologies.
Do I need any prior certification to take this exam?
Currently there is no prior requirement from Oracle.
Where do I get complete information about exam objective?
• Topic 1 Fundamental Object-Oriented Concepts
• Topic 2 Java Implementation of Object-Oriented Concepts
• Topic 3 Algorithm Design and Implementation
• Topic 4 Java Development Fundamentals
• Topic 5 Java Platforms and Integration Technologies
• Topic 6 Client Technologies
• Topic 7 Server Technologies
You can visit Oracle site at http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=319 or Download EPractize Labs SCJA 6 Training Lab and click Plan > Objective to know more details about this certification.
How much time I need to prepare for this exam?
You can access our Time Estimator to know your preparation estimation at http://www.epractizelabs.com/certification-advisor/time-estimator.php?s=1
Is there any recommended Training Guide or Book available for this certification?
EPractize Labs offer complete Training Material that includes set of Mock Exams to prepare for this certification. You can download at http://www.epractizelabs.com/certification/sun/scja-exam-6.html
What are the benefits I can achieve after completing this exam?
• Clear evidence that you can enter into an application development or a software project management career using Java technologies.
• The certification empowers in driving Object-Oriented Concepts, UML representation of OO concepts, the Java programming language, and general knowledge of Java Platforms and Technologies.
• Being a SCJA/OCAJ certified developer helps you to improve your career potential, gain more respect, and boost up your job security and opportunities.
• With SCJA/OCAJ certified professional, you become more competitive in the job market.
What are the benefits my employer can achieve after completing this exam?
• Enables management to distinguish SCJA/OCAJ certified programmer as Java professionals who can manage Java projects effectively.
• Helps in deciding the best design and development APIs or Java Components based on latest Java EE APIs.
• More confidence to work on Java Code technical decisions with business partners.
• Enables project team to get best practices and guidance from a qualified Java Associate.
Good luck for your preparation!