Oracle Certified Expert, Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 Web Services Developer Preparation Article
Oracle offers variety of Java Certifications for all Java Editions (Java SE, Java EE and Java ME). Oracle Certified Expert, Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 Web Services Developer (Formerly Sun Certified Developer for the Java Web Services for the Java EE 6(SCDJWS 6)) certification provides knowledge required to develop Java EE 6 Web service applications using JAX-WS, JAX-RS and XML processing APIs.
What exam I need to pass to achieve OCE for Java EE 6 Developer for the Java Web Services Certification?
You need to complete 1Z0-897 Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 Web Services Developer Certified Expert Exam to achieve this certification.
What kind of knowledge I can achieve after completing this certification?
Certified individuals should understand and appreciate web services as a realization of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and how to use the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) technology design patterns and best practices when designing web services.
Do I need any prior certification to take this exam?
Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 5 or SE 6 Programmer OR Sun Certified Java Programmer (any edition)
Where do I get complete information about exam objective?
• Topic 1 Create an SOAP web service in a servlet container
• Topic 2 Create a RESTful web service in a servlet container
• Topic 3 Create a SOAP based web service implemented by an EJB component
• Topic 4 Create a RESTful web service implemented by an EJB component
• Topic 5 Configure JavaEE security for a SOAP web service
• Topic 6 Create a web service client for a SOAP based web service
• Topic 7 Create a web service client for a RESTful web service
• Topic 8 Create a SOAP based web service using Java SE platform
• Topic 9 Create handlers for SOAP web services
• Topic 10 Create low-level SOAP web services
• Topic 11 Use MTOM and MIME in a SOAP web service
• Topic 12 Use WS-Addressing with a SOAP web service
• Topic 13 Configure Message Level security for a SOAP web service
• Topic 14 Apply best practices to design and implement web services
You can visit Oracle site at http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=427 or Download EPractize Labs Java EE 6 Web Services OCE Training Lab and click Plan > Objective to know more details about this certification.
How much time I need to prepare for this exam?
You can access our Time Estimator to know your preparation estimation at http://www.epractizelabs.com/certification-advisor/time-estimator.php?s=10
Is there any recommended Training Guide or Book available for this certification?
EPractize Labs offer complete Training Material that includes set of Mock Exams to prepare for this certification. You can download at http://www.epractizelabs.com/certification/sun/oce-webservices-exam-6.html
What are the benefits I can achieve after completing this exam?
• The certification empowers in driving Java EE Technologies for SOA based applications.
• OCE for Java EE 6 Web Services certified experts can easily evaluate various design options (SOAP, REST, JSON), APIs (JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAXB), software COTS components, etc.
• Being a certified Web Service developer/designer will help to improve your career potential, gain more respect, boost up your job security and opportunities.
• With OCE certification, you are more competitive in the job market.
What are the benefits my employer can achieve after completing this exam?
• Enables management to distinguish OCE as professionals, who can act as Technical Lead for new or existing initiatives.
• Helps in deciding the best architecture, frameworks and software COTS components based on project budget to minimize cost.
• More confidence to drive technical requirements with business partners.
• Enables project team to acquire guidance on best practices from a qualified developer.
Good luck for your preparation!