Oracle offers variety of Java Certifications for all Java Editions (Java SE, Java EE and Java ME). Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer (Formerly Sun Certified Programmer for the Java Platform, Standard Edition 6.0 (SCJP 6)) certification tests Java programming experience.
What exam I need to pass to achieve OCP for Java SE 6 Certification?
You need to complete 1Z0-851 Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer Exam to achieve this certification.
What kind of knowledge I can achieve after completing this certification?
You can gain basic knowledge of basic syntax and structure of the Java programming language and can create Java technology applications that run on server and desktop systems using J2SE 6.0.
Do I need any prior certification to take this exam?
Currently there is no prior requirement from Oracle.
Where do I get complete information about exam objective?
• Topic 1 Declarations, Initialization and Scoping
• Topic 2 Flow Control
• Topic 3 API Contents
• Topic 4 Concurrency
• Topic 5 OO Concepts
• Topic 6 Collections / Generics
• Topic 7 Fundamentals
You can visit Oracle site at http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=320 or Download EPractize Labs SCJP 6 Training Lab and click Plan > Objective to know more details about this certification.
How much time I need to prepare for this exam?
You can access our Time Estimator to know your preparation estimation at http://www.epractizelabs.com/certification-advisor/time-estimator.php?s=2
Is there any recommended Training Guide or Book available for this certification?
EPractize Labs offer complete Training Material that includes set of Mock Exams to prepare for this certification. You can download at http://www.epractizelabs.com/certification/sun/scjp-exam-6.html
What are the benefits I can achieve after completing this exam?
• Clear evidence that a programmer understands the basic syntax and structure of the Java programming language and can create Java technology applications that run on server and desktop systems using Java SE6.
• The certification empowers in driving Java Programming based on J2SE 6.0.
• SCJP 6.0 certified programmers can easily design and develop the code based on J2SE 6.0.
• Being a SCJP 6.0 certified programmer helps you to improve your career potential, gain more respect, and boost up your job security and opportunities.
• With SCJP 6.0 certified programmer, you become more competitive in the job market.
What are the benefits my employer can achieve after completing this exam?
• Enables management to distinguish SCJP 6.0 certified programmer as Java professionals who can develop quality code efficiently and effectively.
• Helps in deciding the best development APIs or Java Components based on latest J2SE APIs.
• More confidence to work on Java Code technical decisions with business partners.
• Enables project team to get best coding practices and guidance from a qualified Java Programmer.
Good luck for your preparation!